Abound helps indie retailers stock their stores by making product sourcing as easy as online shopping. With Abound, indie store owners get access to thousands of the very best emerging brands. And, emerging brands are able to get their products into retail shops around the country.
Based in NYC, we're a small, fast-growing, and remote-friendly company. We're excited to be building a team as diverse as the thousands of brands and retailers who use Abound every day.
About the Role
We're seeking a Product Designer with a passion for designing solutions that people love. You'll work collaboratively with cross-functional team members, interact with our users, and leverage both qualitative and quantitative data to ship product enhancements with a fast cadence.
What You'll Do
- Design high-quality product enhancements while balancing creative vision, speed, customer impact, and business potential.
- Interview customers to gain clarity about their pain points and needs.
- Identify new product improvement opportunities.
- Conceptualize and prototype improvements and new features.
- Test prototypes with customers to determine if a solution meets customer needs and is enjoyable to use.
- Analyze how improvements and new features satisfy customer needs and preferences.
- Stay up to date on current industry trends and market conditions.
- Work closely with cross-functional team members, including product engineers to design and deliver new product features and improvements.
- Present product design ideas to cross-functional teams and senior leadership.
- Partner with Customer Experience and Brand Success teams to understand what our users need, love, and dislike about Abound.
- Participate in design critiques to increase the quality of our team's output and help each other grow.
- Assist in building and maintaining a design system as we scale.
What We're Looking For
- You can untangle complex problems and articulate simple solutions.
- You have an intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious.
- You can design intuitive and visually appealing interfaces.
- You can collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- You're not satisfied with the status quo and are always thinking of ways to improve.
- You understand web technologies and can do basic coding with HTML and CSS.
- You have strong opinions, loosely held. You're a good listener who collaborates well with cross-functional team members.
- You care about the practicality of your designs and don't get stuck prettifying. You care about the balance between craft and speed.